Friday, 30 August 2013

From here to Eternity- Monetrey/Carmel/Big Sur

The following day we were taken to the 17 mile drive agian, but this time we went in a fast BMW, and an abbreviated one which eneded at the Pebble beach 18th hole for a spot of lunch. This time around the sun was out, and I can appreciate the beauty of the place. Apparently, we were told later, it was Jack Nicholson's favourite hole.





















Carmel beach was also entirely different and with lovely soft sand on our feet finally, I felt my heart melting towards the town.







After a quick goodbye, we headed for the past I was looking forward- the Big Sur. This road was caved around the hill by convicts in the 30s. Again the roads are very twisty turny, going up and down, with the sun setting to our right, I was having a great time. Unfortunately, it was not a fun time for Zenobia as a passenger, who ended up suffering from motion sickness. I'd like to think it was the turns and not my driving.




















We ended our night in San Luis Obispo, a town recommended by someone on our trip. We arrived on a Thursday night, which I think was when they have a farmers market. Well, it was buzzing with young students and older people all out drinking, partying and eating food. We grabbed a quick pizza slice at a New York style pizza joint before getting into a motel and sleeping.



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment