Friday, 13 September 2013

Pretty in Pink

Our final day was spent relaxing and exploring what shops the area had to offer. We were in the third street promenade the day before and to be honest they all teh usual chains you get everywhere. We got talking to a shop assistant in Bloomingdales who told us about Abbot Kinsey, in Venice beach where a lot of the local artisans and designers sell their wares.

First time in the whole trip we made it out of our hotel and into a restaurant for breakfast by 1130 am! The shops did not disappoint. We went crazy at Aviator Nation, a Venice Beach born brand with t-shirts and comfrtable clothes all made, dyed and washed in Venice Beach area. Every garment, we were told, is different. The tri-blend cotton was so soft, I wanted to buy the shop. Watch out it packs a punch to the wallet.





















Abbot Kinsey is worth spending some time in for food as well and shops. There are also stalls on the road. I spotted a stall selling slightly vintage looking clothes and fell in love with a long white dress. The vendor obviously spotted a target. Zenobia kept her cool and and calmly asked a price. She kept at it until she relented. I was so proud of her bargaining prowess.






















So this is the end of our trip. It's been one amazing journey. USA is so vast and I still I haven't seen most of the west coast. There are definitely places I feel I need to go back and would! 

A final thanks for following. And a massive thanks to Zenobia for being a great travel buddy and for having amazing eye for the photos she provided for the blog- it wouldn't have been half as interesting or good.

Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment