We were joined by Arnaud, who showed us Santa Monica and Venice Beach on a convertible. It is how Santa Monica is meant to be seen. Great music, sun shining down and wind in my hair!
We had a few last minute essential shopping to do and Arnaud took us to Best Buy for Zenobia to buy a gift for her brother, after I told her the items were a lot cheaper. Turned out I was looking at the wrong thing. Neither were happy with me for wasting their time. They got their back though, when we were on the beach and I went ahead to walk in the sea. I was aware the Arnaud was stalking, ready to dunk me. Unfortunately, I turned my back for half a second and he ran into me with speed! It didn't end there, he got me again under a pretence of a hug. Zenobia was on the floor laughing.
We wanted to go on the Ferris wheel on the Santa Monica pier as our final classic American activity. Unfortunately as we were walking into the pier, people were leaving. Turns out there is a closing time.
Arnaud took us to a nearby Caribbean restaurant, Cha Cha Chicken, he discovered on Pacific Avenue while he was here with his friend. It's a fun place, where people queue for their order and sit down. They also have a bring your own bottle policy. By the time we ordered and sat down, the queue expanded onto the pavement and the food, as expected, was awesome. Can't go wrong with chicken wings and jerk chicken, with plantain.















No comments:
Post a Comment